Client: Capitol Bancorp
Total Area: 6,000 square feet
Type: Historic Renovation/Tenant Improvement
We assisted True Blue, Inc., previously known as Labor Ready, Inc. with a complete renovation of these two-buildings, focusing on interior improvements, including a fire sprinkler system retro-fit, offices, floor & ceiling finishes, 10th floor dining area, and electrical & mechanical system upgrades.
We assisted them in obtaining local and federal historical status for both buildings, which allowed them to obtain Federal tax credits for a portion of the improvements.
The terra cotta tiles were removed, windows replaced, and a replica of the original double door entry was constructed on A Street, using marble veneer and concrete polymer tiles to replicate the original terra cotta. Windows on the East side were re-opened by removing brick in-fill, once again restoring views towards Mt. Rainier and the Port of Tacoma waterway.
The Bank of Tacoma moved into this historic space, and we assisted them with the design of their tenant improvements -including the wall-hung sign, designed to replicate a similar sign for another bank from the 1920’s-in the same space!